Saturday 24 November 2012


Interview with Author Jodie Pierce

 
Today I have the pleasure to interview Jodie Pierce, author of Demise of the Vampire Queen, a fascinating novel that I would encourage you all to read. Here are the questions that will give you an insight into Jodie’s life, passion for writing and dreams.

 
Tell me a bit about yourself:

I am 37 and live with my hubby in Cleveland, Ohio. I have had a fascination with vampires since I was a child but didn’t start writing about then until I read an Anne Rice book one day. I was an exchange student in Brasil so you will find some of that in my stories. I enjoy research so many places, foods, clothes, etc are true in my stories. I currently have eight books published.

 
What type of genre do you write?

Paranormal.
 

What genre do you personally read?

Paranormal.


Tell me about your latest?

 

The Vampire Queen is once again ruling her subjects only this time it is a school for the ‘different’ children in Scotland. A school full of vampires, witches, warlocks, elves and fairies, one that is feared and hated by all who attend. A new group of witches and warlocks show up to her gates and cause all kinds of havoc within the school. Vampires and witches are at odds and only a few can see the survival of the school. An ancient lover and the Queen are reunited but at what costs? A new, as well as an old lover unite to attempt to take the Queen off her throne. Will it work? Will the Queen maintain her horrendous rule over the students? Can the spells woven work and change history? All will be told in the end.


Where is your book available?  

www.amazon.com


Where you live and one thing you love about it?

Cleveland, Ohio and it has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame here.

 
Website:  

www.thevampirequeen1@weebly.com

 
What sparked your passion for books and the art of a good story?  

My parents always read. Mom was a Librarian and Dad read at least a book a day so I started reading while being grounded and loved it.


Is there a particular book that changed or affected your life in a big way?

I can’t remember the exact book but it was an Anne Rice book. Christine Feehan led me into my erotic side too.

 
What was the seed of inspiration for your latest book?

I already had books 1 & 2 and decided I wanted to be able to say I had a trilogy. I decided to close up some things from the first two books and the idea for the book came to me in a dream.

 
Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp?

Nope.


What challenges have you faced in your writing career?  

Getting published was a huge challenge but I stuck it out and it paid off.


What has been your best moment as a writer?  

The day I got that email that said they wanted to publish my first story.


Who is your author idol?  

Anne Rice!


Do you see yourself in any of your characters?

No but I write other people around me into my characters.

 
Do you feel like your dream has come true or is there much more to do?

There’s always more to do. More to write...LOL!


What is your personal cure for procrastination?

I don’t procrastinate. I write when the mood hits me or I get a great idea which is usually often.


What does your workspace look like?

I work, sitting on my recliner with my computer on my lap. My table next to my chair is loaded with papers, notes and Luna bar wrappers.

 
Have you ever had a day when you just wanted to quit?

Nope. I’m not a quitter.

 
What do you do when you’re not writing?

I enjoy watching tv with hubby, getting coffee or a bite to eat out, spend time with my parents.

 
What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

Persistence but most writers/artists aren’t sane.


What was the greatest thing you learned at school? 

I before E except after C.


Did you have a moment when you realized you were meant to be a writer?

I just always knew since middle school. I loved to write even then.


What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

Keep trying. Go for your dreams. You only fail if you give up.


After this book, what is next?

I already have a story I’m working on, temporarily called The Forsaken One.

 
Your website?

www.thevampirequeen1.weebly.com

 
Your blog?

www.thevampirequeen1.blospot.com

 
Other websites?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment